|Title:||Willie B. Lamouse-Smith papers|
|Creator:||Lamousé-Smith, W. Bediako|
|Size:||1 box (.25 linear feet)|
|Abstract:||Documents relating to Africana Studies Department professor Dr. Willie Lamouse-Smith's campaign to name the Biological Sciences building Martin Schwartz Hall after deceased Biology Department professor, Dr. Martin Schwartz. Documents include correspondence debating the appropriateness of this naming, Dr. Lamouse-Smith's testimony in front of the Maryland House of Delegates, and the House and Senate resolutions honoring Dr. Schwartz. Also includes a statement regarding Faculty Renewal and records about the Martin Schwartz Memorial Garden.|
|Citation:||Willie B. Lamouse-Smith papers, University Archives, Collection 96, Special Collections, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (Baltimore, MD).|
Dr. Willie Lamouse-Smith joined the UMBC faculty in 1975; he worked at the university for 33 years as professor, department chair, and director of the African American Studies Program.
Donated by Dr. Willie B. Lamouse-Smith, UARC 2011-027.
Describing Archives: a Content Standard (DACS)
Archives Processing Manual: Description (2015): The processing manual used in Special Collections for all descriptive platforms, including PastPerfect.
Reproductions allowed for research purposes. Copyright maintained by the creator.
Lamousé-Smith, W. Bediako
Toll, John S.
Neville, Richard F., 1931-
University of Maryland, Baltimore County -- Administration
University of Maryland, Baltimore County -- History
Lamousé-Smith, W. Bediako -- Archives
University of Maryland, Baltimore County. African American Studies Department