Job no: 492961
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: UMBC Campus
Department: Albin O. Kuhn Library & Gallery
The incumbent will help maintain the library inventory and routinely interacts with all constituents in the campus community. Front desk main daily responsibilities include: answer phones and redirect calls; photocopy, scan, collate documents as needed, file general and student personnel files, and hand carry items to other UMBC offices. In addition, this position will require moving boxes and furniture (comfort chairs, tables, couches and regular chairs) and will operate a pallet jack, lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position. (Training will be provided)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- This position requires active physical work: lifting, pushing, or pulling objects up to 50 lbs.
- Familiar with computer systems and programs (Adobe, Microsoft Office: Word and Excel primarily; Google: Gmail, Documents, Sheets and Drive)
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with a diverse community of students, educators, administrative and other support staff.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills, be detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with electronic resources (computers, printers, scanners, phone and faxes)
- Experience working with basic tools.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For best consideration, please submit cover letter and resume.
Closing Date:July 26, 2019
Salary:$17.00 - $23.00 per hour. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours: Part-time position to work Monday - Friday; 6 hr/day (30hrs/wk) from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Type: Temporary, Contingent I
Additional Information:This is a temporary position. Initial contract is for 3 months with the possibility of renewal.
Equal Opportunity Statement: UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Work Authorization As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.